Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For the Tyson Chandler Haters...., every1 read me
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 6 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #91

Guests

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 6 2006, 09:09 AM)
same here.... i wanted at leasts just one more year before we gave up on him...

heres a question for you guys... when ben Wallace has games when he gets like 8 rbs, 5 pts, 1 blk, and goes like 1 for 5 from the line... ARE YOU guys gonna be saying... Man, this guy is just like Chandler... we should have just kept the guy since he's younger and cheaper...

Dont get me wrong I like the signing but, Tyson Chandler can do and is going to do the same things Ben Wallace can.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 6 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #92

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 6 2006, 10:12 AM)
Dont get me wrong I like the signing but, Tyson Chandler can do and is going to do the same things Ben Wallace can.

Please.

jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
eddog2
Post #93

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ Jul 6 2006, 08:49 AM)
ok.. im not trying to be mean or hate or anything.. but that tells me u havent been following what the bulls do during the offseason. Im not sure if u were kidding or trying to be funny.. but... if u were then im sorry...

Now...Lets compare TC stats during the 04-05 season to those of Bwall's 05-06 season  cool.gif

Chandler- 04-05

27min .49fg% .67ft% 9.7reb 1.8 blks 8pts

Wallace-  05-06

35min .51fg% .42ft% 11.3reb 2.2blks 7.3pts

I wouldnt say there is too much of difference in #s between these too. The biggest is minutes, but other than that..

Now.. we all new Chandler had a pretty good solid season 2 years ago.... and my question is.... does it makes u guys think he will not anymore? I mean.. if he did it before why cant he do it again? the guy still has a good 10 years ahead of him... especially when he starts gaining weight as his metabolism decreases he can be a scary player..

And one last thing... Im tired of hearing the Chandler and Brand trade was the worst trade ever... plz dont blame it on Chanlder...  biggrin.gif

-blame it on Krause.. its his fault.. not Chandler's.... thank you

I agree with you and I think this whole town is down on him because he got paid.

Plain and simple the guy got a contract that was more based on potential then past performance. If Tyson had a guy to complement him and challenge him he would continue to get better. But he didn't have that once Eddy left.

You didn't hear any complaints about Tyson when Eddy was around and before he got $10 million a year. If we would have let him go a year ago without paying him everyone would have been asking for Paxon's resignation. I wish we would have signed him for 7-8 million and we wouldn't be having this talk.

Tyson talking about becoming an all-star may never happen (especially in the West were the power forwards dominate) but I definately think he can be better then Ben Wallace. Ben is 31 and still has little offensive game. Tyson has about 8 years to improve on that. He just needs to put on weight and foul a little less often. The guy is an energy player who disrupts the game on the defensive end.

Besides Nocioni he is the only one who truly seemed like he loved the game of basketball when you watched him on the floor. I recall when he and Eddy were together and he had the game winning block against the Knicks after the Eddy Curry fast break layup. This was the game after the Ben Gordon floater to win it. That will be one of my all-time Bulls moments. I couldn't believe that game. Chandler went crazy saying "this is my house". The guy loves the game and will only get better. He has been plagued by injuries somewhat the last few years so it has been hard for him to improve as much as he wanted.

Tyson is awesome at what he does, and I loved him for that. I will definately miss his energy and excitement. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
Post #94

Guests

QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:13 AM)
Please.

jpshakehead.gif

care to elaborate?

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 6 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #95

12th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 6 2006, 10:13 AM)
care to elaborate?

How do you compare Chandler to Wallace? That's silly.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 6 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #96

Guests

o ya i almost forgot mecry.gif I cried when he was traded.. Tyson was my favorite player.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 6 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #97

Guests

QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:15 AM)

Because they do the exact same things yet Tyson is 7'1 23 years old and Ben Wallace is 6'9 31 years old.

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 6 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #98

12th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 6 2006, 10:16 AM)
Because they do the exact same things yet Tyson is 23 and Ben Wallace is 31.

Tyson got big $$ for a guy that does squat.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 6 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #99

Guests

QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:18 AM)

Ben Wallace gets 1 ppg more 2 rpg more and 1 bpg more than Tyson Chandler and is getting paid about the same as Tyson. Tyson is virtually the same player as Ben Wallace but at a younger age, remember Wallace never dominated untill he got traded from Washington to Detroit so he was already entering his prime before he started producing.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 6 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #100

Starter

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:18 AM)

it seems to me that you are just thinking of what he did in the playoffs this year, instead of most of the season... And thats right, Chandler didnt do much in the playoffs except foul alot... And now thats what people remember him mostly for... just fouling out there... But i will say one thing... When ur only around 235... and ur trying to guard the best Center in the league thats around 300... what can the a man do??

+Quote Post
Da Bulls 88
post Jul 6 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #101

12th Man

Note: I was never a fan of Tyson. It's still that way, now. That's why i'm glad he was traded.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 6 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #102

Guests

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 6 2006, 09:22 AM)
it seems to me that you are just thinking of what he did in the playoffs this year, instead of most of the season... And thats right, Chandler didnt do much in the playoffs except foul alot... And now that what people remember him mostly for... just fouling out there... But i will say one thing... When ur only around 235... and ur trying to guard the best Center in the league thats around 300... what can the a man do??

actually Shaq is 330.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 6 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #103

Starter

Member No.: 118

yeah he is... i was about the edit it... but...

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 6 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #104

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Da Bulls 88 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:15 AM)

Are you a Bulls fan or just another one of those casual followers that came in and started being a fan again last year.

I am tired of all the Tyson critics. Especially the ones on ESPN 1000. There are people on ESPN 1000 that dawged Tyson all season and who admitted that they were just now starting to be Bulls fans again after not following the past few years.

Tyson admitted that there was a brick wall between him and the coach and I believe that was more Skiles fault than Tysons. If you remember the beginning of the year Skiles was hardly playing Tyson in key situations because Skiles preferred Songaila (who sucks and was one of the main reasons the Bulls lost so many games early on)

When Songaila got hurt Skiles had no choice but to play Tyson at the end off games and what a shock they started winning and made their big playoff push because Tyson is a defensive presence.

Anyway, I hope your criticisms are coming from watching the guy play for 5 years and not simply from one year of looking from the outside.

Sure the guy gets into foul trouble but that is because he goes all out on defense and sometimes picks up the cheap foul. Man I don't even remember E-Rob taking this much criticism and that was a lazy piece of .... if you know what I am saying. Tyson no doubt can become just as good as Ben Wallace and he is taller so he could be even better. He just needs to be utilized for what he is good at. Nobody said Rodman had to be a great offensive player and last I looked he never was. So get of the guys back already.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 6 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #105

Guests

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 09:29 AM)
Are you a Bulls fan or just another one of those casual followers that came in and started being a fan again last year.

I am tired of all the Tyson critics. Especially the ones on ESPN 1000. There are people on ESPN 1000 that dawged Tyson all season and who admitted that they were just now starting to be Bulls fans again after not following the past few years.

Tyson admitted that there was a brick wall between him and the coach and I believe that was more Skiles fault than Tysons. If you remember the beginning of the year Skiles was hardly playing Tyson in key situations because Skiles preferred Songaila (who sucks and was one of the main reasons the Bulls lost so many games early on)

When Songaila got hurt Skiles had no choice but to play Tyson at the end off games and what a shock they started winning and made their big playoff push because Tyson is a defensive presence.

Anyway, I hope your criticisms are coming from watching the guy play for 5 years and not simply from one year of looking from the outside.

Sure the guy gets into foul trouble but that is because he goes all out on defense and sometimes picks up the cheap foul. Man I don't even remember E-Rob taking this much criticism and that was a lazy piece of .... if you know what I am saying. Tyson no doubt can become just as good as Ben Wallace and he is taller so he could be even better. He just needs to be utilized for what he is good at. Nobody said Rodman had to be a great offensive player and last I looked he never was. So get of the guys back already.

Well said. cheers.gif Drinking.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2024 - 09:57 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home