IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> When will something good happen in the Pax era?
cars
post May 13 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 210

I split season tickets with 2 buddies of mine. A year after the Bulls win 33 games, the team has raised ticket prices and demanded full payment by May 19th. This is most likely before they name a head coach and before the draft. What has this team done to deserve a raise in ticket prices? 33 wins? Come on. Needless to say, we decided against renewing season tickets.

But we got started talking about the moves of the Paxson GM era and their minimal impact. We all fell in love with him at first because he built a team that lead us to the playoffs. But is making it to the 2nd round once really that awe inspiring?

To point:
- He's had 5 top 10 picks and 2 top 5. None are all-stars or even close
- He chose Scott Skiles and Ben Wallace over Tyson Chandler. Granted we don't have CP3 to throw him the ball, but who looks better?
- His big signings have been: Ben Wallace, Andres Nocioni, Scottie Pippen
- His trades: Jamal Crawford for a bunch of filler, Eddy Curry for draft picks (Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah), deals for Antonio Davis and other vets
- Passed up on trades for Kobe, Gasol, etc. so he didn't give up his youth
- Continually drafted low ceiling/high floor guys (Hinrich, Gordon, Deng are all solid players but not All-Star talented players)
- Allowed the Boylan experience to continue at the expense of developing our youth just so we could run at the playoffs...even though that would've meant a first round sweep by Boston

And don't get me started on Reinsdorf. Any owner that proclaims he'd trade all of his NBA championships for one World Series ring shouldn't own a team.

I think we've reached the point where we need to blow up from top down, including the ownership.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 08:30 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home